All immunization records should be up to date prior to your child starting school. Click here to see a full list of required immunizations.
To prevent the spread of germs and illness, please keep your child home if they are sick. If your child comes to school sick, this increases the exposure to others and you will be called to pick up your child. Please be sure the school has at least two current phone numbers to reach you at during school hours. Keep your child home if they are experiencing any of the following:
VOMITING, NAUSEA, DIARRHEA, STOMACH ACHE
FEVER (temp >99.6 degrees) CHILLS, BODY ACHES
UNUSUALLY TIRED, CRANKY, PALE, NO APPETITE
RUNNY NOSE, COUGHING, SNEEZING, SORE THROAT
RED, PAINFUL EYE WITH DRAINAGE
HEAD LICE, CHICKEN POX, OR UNCOMFORTABLE RASH
Tips to Stay Healthy
A Germ-Free Classroom
Minimizing the risk of illness is a healthy idea. Below are some ways to keep your classroom and school healthy, all year long. Educate your students and make them aware of their part and responsibility in helping keep your school environment and themselves healthy. Well-maintained schools not only minimize the spread of germs and illnesses but they also make students, school personnel and parents feel safe, valued and respected.
- Always cover coughs and sneezes. Teach students to cough into their elbows.
- Keep hands away from the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash hands often! Put sticky notes around to remind everyone. Students can police one another too!
- Learn how to keep your mouth off the drinking fountain and these should be cleaned daily.
- Don't share water bottles, hair brushes, or make up.
- Exercise! It keeps the immune system healthy.
- Sleep. Nothing cures and readies the body more than sleep.
- Clean Desktops. Apparently desks are 400 times dirtier than toilet seats. Solution: Spend 10 minutes every cleaning desks, pencil sharpeners
- Backpacks. Have students wash their backpacks every weekend.
Tammy Dooley, School Nurse for Bonner Springs Elementary & McDanield
BSE – 441-1777, ext 1308 or McDanield – 422-9126 | email: email@example.com
Kristi Flack, School Nurse for Delaware Ridge Elementary
DRE – 441-2126, ext 1505 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cherie Coffman, School Nurse for Edwardsville Elementary
EDW – 422-4036, ext 1407 | email: email@example.com
Jennifer Comer, School Nurse for Clark Middle School
CMS – 422-5115, ext 3108 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Bolewski, School Nurse for Bonner Springs High School
BSHS – 422-5121, ext 4005 | email: email@example.com
For technical questions and comments regarding this website, please contact the Webmaster.Back to Top